KRMA Now Hiring O&M Specialist
If you have a passion for the environment and appreciate the efforts of those who protect it, this opportunity may be for you!
KRMA is currently seeking an O&M Specialist to join their team. This position offers an outstanding wage and benefit package.
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST POSITION AVAILABLE
This position will be responsible for the efficient operation of the wastewater treatment facility and its processes, both mechanical and biological.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Make regular rounds of facility to ensure proper operation of mechanical equipment
• Operate valves, pumps, and other major facility elements
• Check pressure and temperature gauges; oil levels and record observations
• Perform limited process control testing
• Collect samples for analysis for the laboratory
• Maintain and repair a variety of equipment and control devices
• Inspect engines, motors, pumps, blowers and all other related wastewater equipment
• Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned
• Have the ability to troubleshoot and correct minor mechanical breakdowns
• This position works various shifts and requires some overtime
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in the Water or Wastewater field with Certification preferable
• The ability to achieve minimum level Class 4 Illinois Wastewater Certification within 18 months of hire as a condition of permanent employment
• Industrial mechanical and electrical experience preferable
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
• Valid Illinois Driver’s license
The Kankakee River Metropolitan Agency (KRMA) serves the four communities of Kankakee, Bradley, Bourbonnais, and Aroma Park. KRMA’s residency requirement states that any successful candidate must reside within Kankakee County.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Kankakee River Metropolitan Agency, 1600 West Brookmont Blvd., Kankakee, Illinois 60901,
Attn: Melanie Gossett.
Faxes may be sent to (815) 933-0104.
Electronic submissions also accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, May 26th close of business. No phone calls or walk-ins please. This position is represented by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399.
THE KANKAKEE RIVER METROPOLITAN AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER