COVID -19 VILLAGE OF BRADLEY UPDATE
Village Hall Closed Beginning March 23 and Other COVID-19 Updates
Beginning Monday, 3/23, Village buildings will be closed to the public until further notice: Village Hall, Public Works Yards, the Community Development Building, the Bradley Fire Station, and the Bradley Police Station. This measure is being taken to prevent exposure to and spread of coronavirus.
Plans are in place for public works, refuse, finance, and public safety services to continue as normal. Village staff will be available during regular business hours to assist residents by phone, email or by appointment, as appropriate. Routine business can be conducted by phone and email, and, if necessary, you may request an in-person meeting with a Village staff member, which will require that you complete this questionnaire ahead of your meeting. The Village strongly encourages residents and businesses to use online and phone to conduct business as much as possible.
Department-specific services and contact information:
The Village is working to ensure the continued processing of building permits and inspections and will communicate how those services will continue to be offered as information becomes available. Call 815-933-9956 with questions.
Online payments can be made on our website at https://www.bradleyil.org/
A drop box is available at Village Hall 147 S Michigan Ave.
Call Finance at 815-936-5107 or e-mail the Finance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fire Department will continue to provide all essential responses in the event a resident or visitor has an emergency or needs assistance. Call 911 to obtain necessary help.
Due to heightened concern about COVID-19, the following services have been suspended until further notice:
- Public access to the Fire Station
- Station tours
- CPR and other classes
- Public education visits
- Fire inspection services
The Police Department is making the following service adjustments as a result of COVID-19:
- Car seat installations are suspended
- Station tours are suspended
- Drop off of expired prescription drugs and sharps
Citizens requiring a police report for incidents that are not in progress (i.e. identity theft, lost property, suspicious incident) should call the non-emergency number (815) 936-5100 and provide dispatch with their name and phone number. An officer will call the citizen back and complete the report over the phone. Police officers will not be meeting with residents inside their homes unless it is for a critical service or emergency.
Public Works will make the following service adjustments until buildings are re-opened to the public:
- External sewer inspections will still be performed. Call Gina Sadler at (815) 936-5100 for details.
- All other street & sewer cases will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Call Terry Memenga at (815) 936-5100 for details.
We understand that our community is in uncharted territory with the spread of coronavirus and the uncertainty that the situation causes. The following are updates about what the Village is doing, and some key points to consider.
What you can do:
- Know that we are all in this stressful situation together. Be as kind, patient, and respectful as possible.
- Practice social distancing, defined as staying about 6 feet away from others, and, if it’s necessary to be closer to a person, to try to limit that interaction as much as possible to less than 10 minutes.
- Continue hand-washing with soap and water and routine cleaning of frequently-touched surfaces.
- If you are sick, stay home. Most cases of coronavirus are mild and do not require medical attention. Call ahead to your doctor to determine whether an in-person visit is necessary.
- Look to reliable sources for health information, including (but not limited to) the CDC, the Illinois Department of Health, and the City of Chicago.
- If you are worried about the well-being of a friend or neighbor, know that the Bradley Police Department performs general well-being checks. Call the non-emergency line to report a concern: (815) 936-5100. Always call 911 in an emergency.
- Pay bills online and apply for permits via the phone. Call the Village for more information at (815) 936-5100: Finance can assist with bill payment and Community Development handles most permit information.
- Get creative with resources: the EPA has a list of disinfectants that kill the coronavirus on surfaces.
- The Village of Bradley will still hold the Village Board meeting on Monday March 23rd at 6:30pm. The agenda is posted on our website. If you have any public comment or questions, contact us via email at email@example.com Monday, March 23, 2020 at noon. All public comments we receive will be read during the meeting.