Village of Bradley
To maintain the financial integrity of the Village and to provide comprehensive and integrated financial management and purchasing services to Village departments so that they can accomplish their missions.
The Village’s Finance Department provides:
- All accounting services
- Performs investment and cash management activities
- Coordinates capital financing
- Debt administration
- Budget preparation and control
- Audit preparation and compliance.
As required by statute, the treasurer provides regular reports on the fiscal condition of the Village to the Mayor and the Board of Trustees.
The Director of Finance coordinates all of the financial affairs of the Village, establishes and maintains necessary controls, and supervises the employees and activities of the Finance Department. The objectives of the Finance Department are as follows:
- Prepare regular reports on the financial condition of the Village as directed by the Mayor and Board of Trustees or required by statute.
- Develop and recommend to the Mayor and Board of Trustees arrangements for the efficient financing of the Village’s five-year capital improvement plan.
- Perform short and long-range financial planning through the identification of future expenses and analysis of potential revenue sources.
- Review all departmental payment requests, prepare documents for consideration by the Mayor and Board of Trustees, and disburse all approved funds in a timely manner.
- Invest temporarily idle funds to earn the highest possible return while at all times protecting the safety of principal through the use of sound investment practices.
- Calculate, distribute, and collect utility bills and other charges for village services at the rates established by the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the Village’s payroll process.
- Establish purchasing procedures and assist operating departments to achieve optimum value for funds expended for equipment, supplies, and services.
- Provide budget preparation support to the Village Administrator and operating departments to assure accuracy and timely submission to the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate budget implementation to assure conformance with funding limits and other budgetary controls.
- Facilitate the collection of information required for the development of the annual audit and preparation of the Annual Financial Report.
- Provide timely payment of the Village’s outstanding bonds, preparation of information and reporting required for bond rating agencies and preparation and filing of required debt disclosures.
- Safeguard Village assets through adherence to sound financial management practices and procedures.
Mr. Romo is a Certified Public Accountant & Certified Fraud Examiner with a Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting from DePaul University. His professional experience includes: ten years working in public accounting performing audit and consulting work for units of local governments with revenues in excess of 100M, Harwood Heights, Illinois; Finance Director for two years years prior to that role spent two years as the Finance Director for Schiller Park, Illinois.
Mr. Romo is an active member of both the national Government Finance Officers Association and the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA).
Mr. Romo is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all operations of the Finance Department including budgeting, collections, accounting, treasury and other fiscal activities.